Thursday, December 17, 2009

Room for Dad


Everywhere you go you hear, "Dads are so vital and important to children and the family". It had never been so apparent to me than the other day. In our family, we are blessed beyond what we could ever ask for because we are self employed and make time to volunteer; be it at the girls schools, our church or the various charities who often approach us to donate our services. Needless to say, we are INVOLVED!! The moms in our little ones class are used to seeing Daddy & Mommy. From being the appointed Yearbook reps to Mystery Reading, you name it, we've done it. Doesn't matter how late Daddy got in from work, how many hours he has to work later. He realizes that these opportunities wont last forever and each one is an chance for God to use us/him. I find myself praying for one specific little girl and her family from "our class". Not sure what her mom and dad do, we see mom from time to time lending a hand. But, the words she spoke to me recently, play over powerfully in my mind... "Your husband is so nice! Mine would NEVER volunteer here!" It made me so sad as I thought, WOW! That's the REAL WORLD! Dads are so important, we're so lucky that our "Daddy" loves God. Through God, he knows there's a bigger picture and in turn is molding our girls to be the best versions of themselves that they can be!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Once again, you've managed to give me a pedestal that I don't deserve. It's still quite rough after getting home extremely late from working to get up and involved however..in the end, it's sort of a NO BRAINER. If I believe in God, Heaven, etc. then I believe that I will get the rest that I would love to have there. Beating my body to a pulp here, especially when it has to do with the girls is again a NO BRAINER. The accolades are extremely loving and I appreciate them but it's just simply math to me. Christ calls us to be servants. As much as I'm not worthy to even tie His shoes, I consider myself fortunate enough to be able to serve my family, friends and more based on the different gifts and talents that I have , through God been blessed with. Most of the time it's a fight against the flesh because the real me is arrogant and selfish but in the end, being able to get through another day knowing that someone was moved or affected in a positive way, tends to energize me for the next day. I say, keep writing and sharing your heart because it's such a HUGE heart. Your own endeavors and antics into the hearts of our own girls as well as special needs children have gone sign unseen for too long. No one knows at all how much your are a natural at what you do, more than me. I hope and pray that the right job with the right schedule comes along so that you can continue to help and use YOUR talent. Keep up the good work....this is a new side of you that has simply been stifled for to long..J

    ReplyDelete